Pico de Gallo Recipe
An amazing pico de gallo recipe is essential for tacos and dipping chips in. The lively combination of tomatoes, onion, and cilantro enhances everything from grilled chicken to quesadillas.
Game plan: The salsa will last up to 5 days refrigerated in a covered container.
- 3/4 cup white onion, minced (about 1/2 medium onion)
- 1 1/2 cups plum tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped (about 4 large tomatoes)
- 1 tablespoon serrano chiles, stemmed, seeded, and minced (about 2 medium chiles)
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice (from 1 small lime)