Zucchini Carpaccio with Feta and Pine Nuts
Start your next meal with a vegetarian version of carpaccio: paper-thin slices of young zucchini lightly drizzled with olive oil and topped off with creamy feta cheese.
What to buy: We made this recipe with standard green zucchini, but it would be equally delicious with any tender summer squash, such as yellow crookneck, pattypan, or gold zucchini. Try using a combination of squash to vary the color on the plate.
This recipe was featured as part of our no-cook menu for hot summer days.
- 2 medium zucchini or other summer squash, ends trimmed and sliced into paper-thin rounds
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 4 teaspoons high-quality extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3 tablespoons loosely packed fresh mint or chervil leaves, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1Combine zucchini rounds and lemon zest in a medium bowl and toss to coat zucchini. Arrange zucchini on a platter, slightly overlapping the slices.
- 2Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Sprinkle remaining ingredients over zucchini and serve.
Beverage pairing: Do Ferreiro Albariño, Spain. This Albariño has zest and brightness but is not simple. It has great minerality and merges lush fruit flavors with stony, earthy tones. It will be a lively companion to the vegetables.
© CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved