Sage–Brown Butter Sauce
Traci Des Jardins
Chef Des Jardins pairs this flavorful and elegant sauce with squash ravioli during the fall, but it also goes well with handkerchief pasta, tagliatelle, or even tortellini.
What to buy: Chicken broth is used in this recipe, but it easily can be replaced with vegetable broth to make the sauce vegetarian.
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 15 to 18 small fresh sage leaves
- 1/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1Melt butter in a medium frying pan over medium heat until the white milk solids have browned, about 5 minutes.
- 2Add sage and chicken broth and reduce heat to medium low. Simmer until sauce is reduced and slightly thickened, about 3 minutes. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and serve.
© CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved