Sage Brown Butter Sauce Recipe
What to buy: Chicken broth is used in this recipe, but it easily can be replaced with vegetable broth to make the sauce vegetarian.
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 15 to 18 small fresh sage leaves
- 1/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- Melt butter in a medium frying pan over medium heat until the white milk solids have browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add sage and chicken broth and reduce heat to medium low. Simmer until sauce is reduced and slightly thickened, about 3 minutes. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and serve.