Grilled Lime Pound Cake with Raspberry-Kirsch Sorbet
Thick grilled slices of lime-infused pound cake are a great way to end a summer barbecue. Top the warm cake with homemade Raspberry-Kirsch Sorbet and toasted coconut, and get ready to bask in a flood of compliments.
Game plan: All the elements for this dessert can and should be made in advance.
If the weather doesn’t permit outdoor grilling, you can make this in a grill pan or simply toast the cake slices in the oven.
Read more about grilling.
- 6 (1-inch-thick) slices Lime Pound Cake
- 6 scoops raspberry sorbet, either purchased or homemade
- 6 tablespoons sweetened flaked coconut, toasted and cooled
- 1Heat a charcoal or gas grill to medium (about 350°F).
- 2Place pound cake slices on the grill and close the lid. Grill until pound cake is lightly toasted and has grill marks, about 3 minutes. Flip slices, close the lid, and grill on the other side until toasted, about another 3 minutes.
- 3Place grilled cake slices on 6 serving plates and top each with a scoop of sorbet. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of the toasted coconut over each plate and serve.
© CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved