Gourmet Trail Mix Recipe
Under 5 mins
10 to 12 servings (about 5 1/2 cups)
Trail mix can be so measly, with sad-looking peanuts and waxy chocolate, but it doesn’t have to be. Buy some good-quality ingredients, and you’ll be surprised how much this mundane snack can be transformed.
Game plan: Store in an airtight container at room temperature until it’s all eaten.
See more camping recipes.
- 2 cups salted, roasted peanuts
- 1 cup whole salted, roasted almonds
- 1 cup whole salted, roasted cashews
- 1 cup good-quality milk chocolate chips, such as Guittard
- 1 cup dried blueberries
- 1 cup dried cherries
- 1/4 cup crystallized ginger, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup unsweetened, flaked coconut, such as Bob’s Red Mill
- 1Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl, and mix until everything is evenly distributed.
Copyright ©2012 CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved