Oregano Marinade Recipe
This marinade, loaded with oregano and thyme, gives a refreshing note to everything it coats. It’s a versatile blend that can go with just about anything—we use it on both our Grilled Greek Salad and our Oregano-Marinated Grilled Chicken with Charred Lemons.
- 5 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice (from about 2 medium lemons)
- 5 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup packed fresh oregano (leaves and tender stems only)
- 2 tablespoons packed fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, peeled and halved
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Place all of the ingredients in a blender or food processor and process on high until smooth, about 1 minute. Refrigerate in a container with a tightfitting lid for up to 1 day.