Roasted Asparagus with Poached Eggs and Miso Butter Recipe
Adapted from David Chang
Roasted Asparagus with Poached Eggs and Miso Butter...
This recipe was given to us by David Chang of Momofuku in New York City after we fell head over heels for it during a visit there. Like so many things Chang does, this recipe is simple, exotic, and celebrates good-quality ingredients.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons white miso paste
- 1/2 teaspoon sherry vinegar
- 1 bunch thin green asparagus, bottom ends trimmed (about 1 pound)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 large poached eggs
- 1Heat the oven to 475°F and arrange a rack in the middle. Combine butter, miso paste, and sherry vinegar in a small bowl and stir until smooth. (Mixture will be thick.) Set aside.
- 2Place asparagus in a single layer on a large, rimmed baking sheet, coat with olive oil, and season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Place asparagus in the oven and roast until it is knife tender and lightly blackened, 12 to 15 minutes.
- 3To serve, place miso butter on plate, top with roasted asparagus, and a poached egg.
Beverage pairing: Oyster Bay Sauvignon Blanc, New Zealand. The herbal, grassy, vegetable greenness of Sauvignon Blanc is always a good match for the intense taste of asparagus. This wine has good body though, which means that it won’t be overwhelmed by the texture of the eggs or the miso flavor, if you use a strong one.
Copyright ©2012 CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved