Bloody Marys can be hard to stomach after a rough night out; sparkling wine is more manageable for some. This bubbly concoction combines grapefruit juice, orange liqueur, and sparkling wine for a lighter take on a morning cocktail.
This recipe was featured in our New Year’s Day Brunch story.
- 2 cups pink grapefruit juice
- 8 ounces orange liqueur, such as Grand Marnier or Cointreau
- 1 (750-milliliter) bottle chilled sparkling wine
- 1Combine grapefruit juice and orange liqueur in a tall pitcher, and stir. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- 2To make the cocktail, add 3 ounces of the grapefruit mixture to each of 8 champagne glasses.
- 3Divide sparkling wine evenly among the glasses. Serve.
© CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved