Eggnog French Toast Recipe
This French toast, soaked with our homemade eggnog, adds a bit of the holidays to breakfast.
- 1 1/2 cups Best Eggnog or store bought eggnog
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 8 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 (1 pound) French bread loaf, cut widthwise into 12 (1-inch thick) slices
- Heat the oven to 200°F and arrange a rack in the middle. Place a baking sheet in the oven.
- Place eggnog, eggs, cinnamon, and nutmeg, and whisk until combined. Pour into a large shallow dish that comfortably holds three slices of bread side-by-side.
- Heat 2 teaspoons of the oil in a large cast iron or nonstick frying pan over medium heat until shimmering, about 3 minutes.
- Soak 3 slices of the bread in the eggnog mixture, about 30 seconds per side. Lay soaked bread in a single layer in pan and cook until browned on bottom side, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Flip and cook second side until browned, about another 2 minutes. Place cooked French toast on heated baking sheet.
- Repeat with the remaining bread slices.