Ruby on Rails Cocktail
Adapted from Jacques Bezuidenhout
This light and fruity cocktail was created for the CHOW launch party by master mixologist Jacques Bezuidenhout. The sweet combination of sliced strawberries, strawberry syrup, and rosé wine is balanced by the herbal complexity of gin and Pimm’s No. 1.
- 2 or 3 medium strawberries, hulled and thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 ounces gin
- 1 3/4 ounces fruity rosé wine
- 3/4 ounce Strawberry Syrup
- 1/2 ounce freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 ounce Pimm’s No. 1
- 1Place the ice cubes and sliced strawberries in a highball glass.
- 2Combine the remaining ingredients in a cocktail shaker filled halfway with ice and shake until chilled, about 20 seconds. Strain into the glass and serve.
© CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved