Game plan: Check out this tip on cutting open squash if you need pointers.| by Max La Rivière-Hedrick
- 1Heat oven to 325°F. Wash squash and, using a serrated knife, carefully cut in half and scoop out seeds. Cut each half into four lengthwise slices.
- 2Combine squash and oil in a bowl and toss to coat. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Place on a baking sheet and roast until browned and completely tender when pierced with a fork, about 30 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, combine butter and garlic in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir continuously and cook until garlic is golden and the butter browns slightly. Remove from heat and carefully add sherry vinegar.
- 4Add onions, paprika, cayenne pepper, currants, and honey, and return to stove over low heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onions are soft, about 10 minutes.
- 5Stir in red wine vinegar, and season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Serve squash hot, coated with sauce.