Dijon Vinaigrette Recipe
This standard French vinaigrette is a simple combination of chopped shallots, red wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, and olive oil. Toss it with steamed green beans or cauliflower, drizzle it over poached fish or chicken, or dress up an earthy lentil salad with this easy dressing.
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped shallots (from about 1 medium shallot)
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil