Adapted from Nick Mautone
Author and former Gramercy Tavern managing partner Nick Mautone explains that this drink should look fairly clear, with a slight orange tint from the Lillet and bitters. The taste is potent and aromatic, with a hint of bitter orange.
- 1/4 ounce dry sherry
- 1 ounce Lillet Blanc
- 2 ounces gin, such as Junipero
- 1 dash angostura bitters
- 1 orange twist, for garnish
- 1Place a cocktail glass in the freezer to chill.
- 2Place the sherry, Lillet, gin, and bitters in a cocktail shaker. Add ice to fill the shaker halfway. Stir briskly with a barspoon until thoroughly chilled, about 30 seconds.
- 3Strain into the chilled cocktail glass and garnish with the orange twist.
© CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved