Corn with Chèvre and Red Peppers Recipe
Corn with Chèvre and Red Peppers
This quick dish combines corn, cream, and goat cheese for an unexpected, Frenchy twist on classic creamed corn.
What to buy: This can be made using fresh or frozen kernels.
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 medium shallots, thinly sliced
- 6 cups fresh or frozen corn kernels (thaw and drain frozen, if using)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 5 ounces chèvre (fresh goat cheese)
- 1 (8-ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained, medium dice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh marjoram leaves
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped Italian parsley
- 1Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. When it foams, add shallots and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft and translucent, about 3 minutes.
- 2Add corn and cream, and let simmer, stirring occasionally, until cream is slightly reduced, about 5 minutes.
- 3Stir in chèvre until it melts and is well incorporated. Stir in red peppers, marjoram, and parsley. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Copyright ©2012 CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved