Try this tasty chicken enchilada recipe. Sort of looks like a burrito, but tastes like a chicken enchilada, and totally easy to make. Call it what you want!
What to buy: Make sure you use a really good tomatillo salsa; we like Goldwater’s. Or you could make your own.
- 2 1/2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken (a little more than half a chicken)
- Juice of 1 medium lime (about 3 tablespoons)
- 1 1/2 cups tomatillo salsa
- 1 medium jalapeño, minced (about 1 tablespoon)
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro, plus extra for garnish
- 1/2 small red onion, minced
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 flour tortillas
- 4 slices asadero or provolone cheese (about 4 ounces)
- 1Heat the oven to 450°F and arrange a rack in the middle. Put the chicken in a small bowl and toss with 2 tablespoons of the lime juice, 1/2 cup of the salsa, 1 teaspoon of the minced jalapeño, 1 tablespoon of the cilantro, the minced onion, and salt and pepper to taste.
- 2Place a quarter of the chicken mixture on the lower third of one of the tortillas and roll it into a cylinder from the bottom up, tucking in the sides as you go so that no chicken escapes from the ends. Place the filled tortilla in a square 8-by-8-inch baking dish with the seam facing down. Repeat with the remaining chicken mixture and tortillas.
- 3Combine the remaining 1 cup salsa with 1 tablespoon water and the remaining lime juice, jalapeño, and measured cilantro. Arrange the slices of cheese over the tortillas and pour the salsa mixture over top. Bake until the cheese is browned and melted, about 15 to 20 minutes. Sprinkle with extra cilantro and serve.
Beverage pairing: Oyster Bay Sauvignon Blanc, New Zealand. Classic New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc typically has notes of cilantro and jalapeño in it, which play right to the strong flavors in this dish. The only concern is high alcohol, which could clash with the peppers. The Oyster Bay Sauvignon Blanc has it all: moderate alcohol with a refreshing mélange of citrus, melon, and apple notes as well.
© CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved