Gâlat Dagga Recipe
Gâlat dagga, a moderately hot southern Tunisian mixture of five spices, is well-suited to vegetable dishes, tagines, and rich stews, especially those made from lamb.
- 2 tablespoons black peppercorns
- 2 tablespoons grains of paradise
- 1 crushed cinnamon (not cassia) stick
- 1 tablespoon whole cloves
- 1 whole freshly ground nutmeg
- Grind 2 tablespoons black peppercorns, 2 tablespoons grains of paradise, 1 crushed cinnamon (not cassia) stick, and 1 tablespoon whole cloves. Add 1 whole freshly ground nutmeg. Store in an airtight container for 3 to 4 months.
This recipe, while from a trusted source, may not have been tested by the CHOW food team.