Spiced Fruit Syrup with Grains of Paradise
Field Guide to Herbs & Spices
A unique topping for fresh fruit.
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup dry white vermouth
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons chopped rosemary leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped ginger
- 2 teaspoons slightly crushed grains of paradise
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1Combine 3/4 cup sugar, 3/4 cup dry white vermouth, 1/2 cup water, 2 tablespoons chopped rosemary leaves, 2 tablespoons chopped ginger, 2 teaspoons slightly crushed grains of paradise, and 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar in a large pot.
- 2Bring to a boil, lower the heat, and simmer for about 10 minutes. Strain and cool. Sprinkle over fresh fruits such as strawberries, mango, melon, and peaches.
This recipe, while from a trusted source, may not have been tested by the CHOW food
© CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved