Salmon with Pink Pepper and Red Wine–Butter Sauce Recipe
Salmon with pungent pink peppercorns and ginger with a flavorful cream sauce.
- 1 cup red wine
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons chopped shallots
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 4 teaspoons crushed pink peppercorns
- 4 teaspoons minced ginger
- 4 salmon fillets
- clarified butter (enough to generously coat the bottom of the pan)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Combine 1 cup red wine, 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar, and 4 tablespoons chopped shallots in a small nonreactive saucepan. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer until syrupy.
- Separately, boil 3/4 cup heavy cream until reduced by half, about 15 minutes. Stir the cream into the wine mixture and cook together for several minutes, until lightly thickened.
- Firmly press 4 teaspoons each crushed pink peppercorns and minced ginger into the flesh side of 4 salmon fillets and sprinkle with kosher salt to taste. Cook the salmon in clarified butter, flesh-side down, over medium-high heat until browned, about 4 minutes; turn over and cook until barely cooked through, about 4 minutes more. Keep warm.
- Reheat the sauce, whisk in 4 tablespoons butter, and season to taste with salt and black pepper. Spoon the sauce over the salmon and serve.
This recipe, while from a trusted source, may not have been tested by