Hazelnut Romesco Sauce Recipe
The perfect sauce to slather on grilled fish, shrimp, or green beans.
- 2 roasted red bell peppers
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 thick slice French bread, cut into rough cubes
- 1/4 pound hazelnuts, lightly toasted and skinned
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pimentón
- Puree 2 roasted red bell peppers and their juices in the bowl of a food processor. Without washing the bowl, transfer the puree to a small pot and cook slowly until it’s thick enough to hold its shape, about 10 minutes.
- Place 6 cloves garlic and 1/2 cup olive oil in a small pot and cook together until the garlic is lightly browned, about 10 minutes. Add 1 thick slice French bread cut into rough cubes and cook 2 minutes longer, or until lightly browned.
- Place the pepper paste, 1/4 pound lightly toasted and skinned hazelnuts, and the garlic, bread cubes, and their cooking oil back into the food processor. Process to a chunky paste, then add 1 1/2 teaspoons pimentón and 1/2 cup olive oil and process again until a thick, rose-colored paste the consistency of mayonnaise is obtained. Serve the sauce with seafood or vegetables.
This recipe, while from a trusted source, may not have been tested by the CHOW food