Moroccan Chermoula Dressing Recipe
Adapted from "Field Guide to Herbs & Spices" by Aliza Green
Scant 1 cup
Use to marinate meats, poultry, fish, and vegetables before grilling or roasting. Serve extra on the side.
What to buy: Look for preserved lemons in gourmet grocery stores or online at igourmet.com. If you can’t find them, substitute 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest, or you can make your own.
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons sweet paprika
- 2 teaspoons hot paprika
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 preserved lemon, rind only, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Place the olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, and garlic in a blender and blend until smooth and creamy. Add the sweet paprika, hot paprika, cumin, and salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste, and blend until combined.
- Ad in the preserved-lemon rind and cilantro, and blend quickly until combined.