Mashed Sweet Potatoes with Ginger, Cardamom, and Honey Recipe
Exotic spices like ginger and cardamon warm up mashed sweet potatoes. A tasty side dish for cooler weather.
- 2 pounds of peeled and diced sweet potatoes
- 1/2 pound of peeled and diced baking potatoes
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup grated ginger
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- Steam sweet potatoes with baking potatoes until quite soft, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine honey, ginger, butter, cardamom, and salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Heat to simmering.
- Drain the potatoes and mash them together, gradually beating in the honey mixture.
This recipe, while from a trusted source, may not have been tested by the CHOW food