Piccata di Pollo (Chicken Cutlets with Lemon and Caper Sauce) Recipe
A classic chicken preparation with a touch of tang.
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 (3-ounce) chicken cutlets
- Flour for dredging chicken
- 1/4 cup dry white vermouth
- 1/4 cup chicken stock or low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced and seeded
- 2 tablespoons drained capers
- Chopped Italian parsley, for garnish
- Heat 2 tablespoons each butter and olive oil in a large skillet until shimmering hot. Meanwhile, season four 3-ounce chicken cutlets with salt and pepper, then dust with flour, shaking off any excess.
- Brown the chicken on both sides, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate. Pour off any fat, add 1/4 cup dry white vermouth to the pan, and deglaze, scraping up any browned bits. Add 1/4 cup chicken stock and cook until syrupy.
- Add 1 thinly sliced, seeded lemon and 2 tablespoons drained capers and cook for a few minutes, until the sauce has thickened slightly.
- Season to taste with pepper and a bit of salt (capers are salty), then swirl in 2 tablespoons unsalted butter and sprinkle with chopped Italian parsley. Return the chicken to the pan for 1 to 2 minutes to reheat, then serve immediately.
This recipe, while from a trusted source, may not have been tested by the CHOW food
Copyright ©2012 CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved