Mint and Anardana Chutney
Field Guide to Herbs & Spices
Anardana is a spice made from dried wild pomegranate seeds.
- 1 cup thick plain yogurt
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 small green chile pepper (seeded and chopped)
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons anardana powder
- 1 cup mint leaves
- 1 cup cilantro leaves
- 1Combine 1 cup thick plain yogurt, the juice of 1 lemon, 1 small green chile pepper (seeded and chopped), 1 tablespoon grated ginger, 2 teaspoons ground cumin, and 2 tablespoons anardana powder and blend until smooth.
- 2Add 1 generous cup each mint and cilantro leaves in two batches and blend until chunky. Season with salt to taste. Refrigerate in a covered jar up to 1 week.
This recipe, while from a trusted source, may not have been tested by the CHOW food
© CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved