South Indian Spiced Chickpeas Recipe
This is a side dish that steals the show.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 2 teaspoons chopped ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander seed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon amchur
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas
- Thinly sliced red onion (for garnish)
- Minced hot green chile pepper (for garnish)
- Heat vegetable oil, add onions, and fry until light brown. Add garlic and ginger, and fry for 2 minutes, stirring.
- Stir in ground coriander, ground cardamom, and amchur. Stir-fry for 2 minutes or until fragrant.
- Add tomato, chickpeas with their liquid, and salt and pepper to taste. Cook 10 minutes longer or until thickened. Serve garnished with thinly sliced red onion and minced green chile.
This recipe, while from a trusted source, may not have been tested by the CHOW food