A basic recipe from author and former Gramercy Tavern managing partner Nick Mautone for fresh lemonade that isn’t syrupy-sweet. For a lighter body, add more water.
Game plan: The lemonade can be made up to 8 hours in advance and stored in the refrigerator. This is a straight nonalcoholic version.
- 1 quart fresh lemon juice (from 24 to 30 lemons)
- 1 to 2 cups Rich Simple Syrup
- 1 to 2 cups ice water
- Ice for serving
- 8 mint sprigs, for garnish
- 1Combine lemon juice and 1 cup each rich simple syrup and water in a large pitcher and stir well.
- 2Taste and add more water and syrup as needed. Pour over ice in an iced tea or cooler glass (a taller version of a highball), garnish with a mint sprig, and serve.
© CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved