Green Bean and Cherry Tomato Salad
Adapted from Francine Maroukian
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallot (from about 1 medium shallot)
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest (from about 2 medium lemons)
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, plus more as needed
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more as needed
- 6 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice (from about 3 medium lemons)
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 pounds green beans, ends trimmed
- 2 pints (1 pound) cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh Italian parsley leaves and stems
- 1Bring a large pot of heavily salted water to a boil and prepare an ice water bath by filling a bowl halfway with ice and water; set aside. Meanwhile, make the dressing.
- 2Place the shallot, lemon zest, and measured salt and pepper in a medium, nonreactive bowl and add the lemon juice. While whisking constantly, slowly drizzle in the oil and whisk until evenly combined. Set the dressing aside.
- 3Add the green beans to the boiling water and cook until crisp-tender, about 3 to 4 minutes. Drain and transfer to the prepared ice water bath. When the beans are chilled, drain again and thoroughly pat dry with paper towels.
- 4Place the beans, tomatoes, and parsley in a large bowl, pour in the dressing, and toss to coat thoroughly. Taste and add more salt and pepper as needed.
© CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved