Green Bean, Tomato, and Shallot Salad Recipe
Crunchy green beans and tomatoes combine for a salad that sings of summer. This recipe pairs up swimmingly with our Rib Steaks with Spice Rub.
Game Plan: This salad can be made up to 2 hours ahead. Store covered in the refrigerator and toss briefly to recombine flavors just prior to serving.
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1 medium lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 small shallot, thinly sliced
- Prepare an ice water bath by filling a bowl halfway with ice and water; set aside. Bring a large pot of heavily salted water to a boil over high heat. Add green beans and cook until knife tender, about 3 to 4 minutes. Drain and transfer to prepared ice water bath. When beans are chilled, drain again and thoroughly pat dry.
- Combine all ingredients in a large nonreactive bowl, season with salt and freshly ground black pepper, and toss to coat thoroughly. Taste, adjust seasoning as desired, and serve.