Beer Biscuits Recipe
Beer in your biscuits? If you’re in a dorm, there’s no better way to use up the skunked beer from last night’s rager. This recipe, adapted from the back of the Bisquick box, combines all-purpose baking mix, cheddar—the yellow kind’s fine—and light beer. Bake up these biscuits, and you’ve almost got yourself a complete meal!
This recipe was featured in our 2007 dorm cooking story.
- 2 cups all-purpose baking mix (such as Bisquick)
- 2/3 cup light beer (such as Coors Light, Natural Light, or Pabst Blue Ribbon)
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (1/4 stick), melted
- Heat toaster oven to 450°F. Mix together baking mix, beer, and cheddar cheese until just combined.
- Drop mixture by tablespoons onto an ungreased baking sheet. Bake biscuits until bottoms are golden brown and tops are flecked light brown, about 8 to 10 minutes. Brush with melted butter and serve.