Savory Cannellini Bean Spread Recipe
This garlicky bean mix is a perfect dip for your next dinner party.
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- 4 teaspoons fresh savory or 1 teaspoon dried savory
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 cups cooked and drained cannellini beans
- In a medium sauté pan, cook garlic, savory, and crushed red pepper flakes in 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil until the aromas are released, about 3 minutes.
- Add cannellini beans and cook over medium-low heat until the mixture thickens, 5 to 10 minutes.
- In a food processor or blender, puree the bean mixture and another 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil until the mixture is smooth. Season to taste with salt and black pepper. Serve warm with crostini, pita chips, or vegetable crudités.
This recipe, while from a trusted source, may not have been tested by