This is a variation on the classic champagne cocktail was given to us by author and former Gramercy Tavern managing partner Nick Mautone. Any sparkling wine will work, but we prefer demi-sec, which is sweeter than brut.
- 12 fresh medium strawberries
- 6 teaspoons grenadine syrup
- 6 ounces strawberry liqueur
- 1 bottle sparkling wine, chilled
- Hull 6 of the strawberries, cut into small dice, and divide evenly among the glasses. Cut a 1/2-inch slit into the tip of each of the remaining strawberries. Set aside.
- Place 1 teaspoon grenadine syrup and 1 ounce strawberry liqueur in each glass. Divide the sparkling wine evenly among the glasses, place the reserved strawberries on the rims of the glasses, and serve.