Sparkling Rum Runner
A rum runner is a classic drink made with several rums, pineapple juice, lime juice, and bitters. This sparkling version comes from author and former Gramercy Tavern managing partner Nick Mautone. Serve it as an apéritif or with dinner.
- 1 part light rum
- 1 part rum syrup, such as Monin brand
- 1 part pineapple juice
- 1 dash Angostura bitters
- 5 parts sparkling wine, chilled
- 1 lime slice, for garnish
- 1Combine rum, rum syrup, pineapple juice, and bitters, and stir until well blended.
- 2Pour rum mixture into a glass and top with sparkling wine. Squeeze lime into drink and drop slice into the glass.
© CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved