Cherry Sugar Fizz Recipe
A sweet and bubbly cocktail with cherries given to us by author and former Gramercy Tavern managing partner Nick Mautone.
- 5 teaspoons maraschino cherry syrup
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 12 maraschino cherries
- 4 brown sugar cubes
- 8 dashes angostura bitters
- 1 bottle sparkling wine, chilled
- Pour cherry syrup on a small plate and place granulated sugar on another. Working with one champagne glass at a time, invert it and dip the rim in the cherry syrup, allowing any excess to drip off, then immediately dip the rim lightly in the sugar. The sugared rim should be a light pink color.
- Place 3 maraschino cherries, a sugar cube, and 2 dashes of bitters in each champagne glass. Fill the glasses with sparkling wine and serve immediately.