Claret Lemonade Recipe
Claret is another term for Bordeaux, but don’t use the good stuff here! Never use exceptional, vintage wines for cocktails, even if you are feeling extremely flush. Fine wines will suddenly forget who they are and diminish into the unrecognizable.
- 1 teaspoon superfine sugar or Rich Simple Syrup
- 2 ounces fresh lemon juice
- 2 ounces dry red wine
- Cold water
- Slice of lemon and a maraschino cherry
- Add the sugar and lemon juice to a chilled highball glass, and muddle until the sugar dissolves.
- Add ice, the wine, and then cold water to fill. Garnish with a lemon slice and a maraschino cherry.
This recipe, while from a trusted source, may not have been tested by the CHOW food
Copyright Quirk Books
Copyright ©2012 CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved