Tom and Jerry Recipe
A traditional Christmas drink from the early 19th century, consider this the cousin to eggnog.
This recipe was featured as part of our Hot Boozy Drinks photo gallery.
- 3 eggs, separated
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 4 ounces brandy, lukewarm
- 4 ounces dark rum, lukewarm
- Hot milk
- Freshly grated nutmeg
- In a large, clean bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg yolks until light in color; gradually beat in the sugar, allspice, cinnamon, and cloves. Fold the yolk mixture into the whites.
- Pour 2 tablespoons into four mugs each. Add 1 ounce brandy and 1 ounce dark rum to each mug.
- Fill with hot milk. Stir well, and dust with nutmeg.
This recipe, while from a trusted source, may not have been tested by
Copyright Quirk Books