Said to date to the 1970s, the Cosmo came into its own in the late ’90s, thanks to the HBO series Sex and the City. Fashions aside, the simple blend of vodka, Cointreau, cranberry juice, and lime is just really delicious.
- 2 ounces vodka
- 1/2 ounce Cointreau or triple sec
- 1 ounce cranberry juice
- 1/2 ounce freshly squeezed lime juice
- Slice of lime, for garnishing
- 1Add the vodka, Cointreau, cranberry juice, and lime juice to a cocktail shaker with ice.
- 2Shake until the outside of the canister looks frosty, about 15 seconds. Strain into a chilled cocktail glass and garnish with a slice of lime.
© CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved