Chipotle Double-Cooked Potatoes Recipe
These flavor-packed spuds, while time-consuming, are scene-stealing delicious and require little more than a simple grilled steak to make a memorable meal.
- 3 medium baking potatoes, scrubbed
- 1/2 pound soft goat cheese
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced scallions
- 2 tablespoons puréed chipotles en adobo
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- Salt and freshly ground white pepper
- Heat the oven to 350°F.
- Bake the potatoes for 1 hour, or until done. Let them cool at room temperature. When cool enough to handle, cut potatoes in half lengthwise and hollow out the potatoes, leaving the shells whole and reserving. Mash the potato flesh with the goat cheese, scallions, and chipotle purée.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter with the milk. Beat into the potato-cheese mixture. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Stuff the reserved shells with the potato mixture. Recipe may be prepared up to this point earlier in the day, and then reserved, covered, at room temperature or refrigerated. If refrigerated, bring to room temperature before reheating.
- To serve, heat the oven to 400°F. Place the stuffed potatoes on a baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes, or until hot.
This recipe, while from a trusted source, may not have been tested by the CHOW food team.