Money Green Champagne
Grub: Ideas for an Urban Organic Kitchen
Anna Lappé and Bryant Terry
Get yer drink on with this mint-tinted cocktail that’s great for celebrating. For playas only.
What to buy: Cuvée Jean-Louis from Charles de Fère, a luscious, creamy, blanc de blanc brut, is great for this drink.
- Leaves from 8 fresh mint sprigs
- 2 tablespoons organic raw cane sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 bottle chilled champagne or sparkling wine
- 1Using a mortar and pestle, pulverize the mint with the sugar and lime juice.
- 2Combine mint mixture with the champagne or sparkling wine (add slowly) and stir well.
- 3Strain the champagne or sparkling wine into a large pitcher and serve immediately in champagne flutes.
This recipe, while from a trusted source, may not have been tested by the CHOW food
© CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved