Roasted Yam Purée with Coconut Milk Recipe
This dish is creamy orange bliss. Often confused with sweet potatoes, yams contain more natural sugar and have a higher moisture content. When buying yams, select smaller ones (they’re sweeter) and ones that are unwrinkled with few blemishes. If you can’t find yams, you can substitute sweet potatoes.
- 4 pounds yams, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 4 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse sea salt
- 1/2 cup coconut milk, fresh or canned, warmed, plus more if needed
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly oil a baking dish or roasting pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the yams, maple syrup, olive oil, and 1/2 teaspoon sea salt. Toss well.
- Transfer yams to the prepared pan and roast for 40 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes, until slightly crisp on the edges.
- Remove from the oven. In a food processor, combine the yams with the warmed coconut milk. Purée, adding more coconut milk for your desired consistency, and transfer to a serving dish.
This recipe, while from a trusted source, may not have been tested by