Fresh, sweet corn, especially in the summer when it’s in season, has such a pure taste I sometimes like to just eat it raw. Potatoes give this soup a creamy, hearty body and the jalapeños give it just a little kick.| from: Vegan with a Vengeance , by Isa Chandra Moskowitz
- 1In stockpot sauté the onions, bell peppers, carrots, and jalapeños in the olive oil over medium heat until the onions are translucent, about 7 minutes.
- 2Add rosemary, thyme, black pepper, and salt; sauté 1 minute more. Add the broth, corn, potatoes, bay leaf, and cayenne. Cover and bring to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer for 20 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender. Uncover and simmer 10 minutes more to let the liquid reduce a bit.
- 3Remove the bay leaf and puree half the chowder either using a handheld blender or by transferring half the chowder to a blender, pureeing till smooth and adding back to soup.
- 4Add the lime juice to taste, and the soy milk and maple syrup, and simmer 5 more minutes.
- 5Let sit for at least 10 minutes and serve. Tastes even better the next day.
This recipe, while from a trusted source, may not have been tested by the CHOW food team.