I love the texture the oatmeal gives these waffles. They are chewy and have a hint of banana and cinnamon, with sweet bursts of raisins.
- 1Preheat waffle iron according to the manufacturer’s directions.
- 2In a mixing bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Add the oats and toss together.
- 3In a separate bowl, mash the banana very well. Add the soy milk, maple syrup, and vegetable oil. I use a handheld blender to blend everything together; if you don’t have one, mix vigorously with a strong fork until there are very few clumps of banana left.
- 4Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix until just combined. Fold in the raisins.
- 5Let the batter sit for 2 minutes before making the waffles; this allows the oatmeal to get moist and blend with the rest of the batter.
- 6Prepare the waffles according to the manufacturer’s directions. Serve with margarine, maple syrup, and sliced bananas on top.
This recipe, while from a trusted source, may not have been tested by the CHOW food team.