Fresh Pasta Dough Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (or type “00”), plus a little for dusting
- Kosher salt
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Sift flour and a pinch of salt into a mound on a dry counter. Make a well in the center of the mound and add the eggs.
- Using your fingers or a fork, mix the eggs until smooth and uniform, then gradually incorporate the flour. Continue mixing until a smooth paste begins to form, then push flour over paste and work until dough comes together. (If the mixture is too soft, add a little extra flour; if it is too firm, add a little water.)
- Work dough until it is uniformly moist, then using the heel of your hand, knead for about 10 minutes or until dough is smooth and firm. Shape dough into a ball, cover with plastic wrap, and let rest in a cool, dry place for at least 15 minutes or up to an hour.
- Proceed to shape the dough as desired.
This recipe, while from a trusted source, may not have been tested by the CHOW food team.