Minted Rice with Tomato and Sprouted Beans Recipe
The bean sprouts in this light and fresh stir-fried rice dish give it a crunchy bite, while the generous addition of garlic gives a rich, aromatic flavor.
- 2 tablespoons light olive oil
- 6 green onions, very finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 cups cooked, cooled Basmati rice
- 2 ripe plum tomatoes, finely chopped
- 8 ounces mixed sprouted beans (a mixture of aduki, mung, lentil, and chickpea sprouts)
- A small handful of mint leaves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a large, nonstick wok or frying pan. When it is hot, add the green onions and garlic and stir-fry for 2–3 minutes.
- Add the cooked rice and continue to stir-fry over high heat for 3–4 minutes. Stir in the tomatoes and mixed sprouted beans and continue to cook over high heat for 2–3 minutes or until warmed through.
- Remove from the heat, season, and stir in the chopped mint leaves. Serve immediately.
This recipe, while from a trusted source, may not have been tested by