Frenchified Popcorn Recipe
If you ever saw the movie The Gods Must Be Crazy, then you remember what strange things can happen when something from one culture suddenly falls from the sky into another. Popped corn, to us, is the snack of American movie theaters. But give a bag of kernels to a Frenchman …
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, more if you like
- About 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 1 cup popcorn kernels
- 2 tablespoons herbes de Provence
- Celery salt to taste
- Melt the butter with the crushed garlic, ever so gently, in a small saucepan. Remove from the heat and set aside to infuse.
- Heat the oil in a large pot. Add the popcorn, tossing to coat. Cover, and shake the pan over high heat until all the corn has popped. Remove from the heat.
- Pluck the garlic gloves from the butter and pour over the popcorn. Toss.
- Add the herbes de Provence and plenty of celery salt. Toss again. Season with regular salt to taste, and serve.
This recipe, while from a trusted source, may not have been tested by the CHOW food
Copyright ©2012 CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved