Cucumber and Mint Raita Recipe
Cool, fresh, and extremely versatile, this raita can be served as an accompaniment to almost any dish, snack, or meal. The cool cucumber and yogurt mixture acts as a perfect foil, especially for spicy food.
- 1 large cucumber, peeled
- 1 cup low-fat yogurt
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- 1 red chile, seeded and finely sliced
- Large handful of chopped mint leaves
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- Roasted cumin seeds and chili powder, to sprinkle
- Halve the cucumber lengthwise. Using a teaspoon, scoop out the seeds and discard. Either very finely slice or dice the cucumber and place it in a bowl.
- Whisk the yogurt and sugar until smooth and add the chile, mint leaves, and lime juice. Season, pour over the cucumber and toss to coat. Chill until ready to serve. Sprinkle with the cumin seeds and chili powder just before serving.
This recipe, while from a trusted source, may not have been tested by the CHOW food team.