Soft-Centred Chocolate Pudding Recipe
Bill likes to serve these puddings with crème fraîche. He finds its gentle tang cuts the richness of the chocolate perfectly.
- 7 ounces good-quality dark chocolate, chopped
- 3 1/2 ounces unsalted butter, chopped
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup superfine sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Place the chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water, making sure the bowl does not touch the water, and stir until just melted.
- Place the eggs, sugar, and flour in a bowl and mix until just combined.
- Gradually mix in the chocolate mixture. Pour the mixture into four 1 cup ovenproof ramekins and place on a baking tray.
- Bake until the edges are set, about 15 minutes. Serve with cream or crème fraîche.
Beverage pairing: Cornet & Cie Banyuls Rimage, France. Banyuls is a wine from the south of France made of Grenache Noir and is considered one of the best wines to match with chocolate. In this case, the wine’s minerality, dark fruit, and hints of coffee and vanilla will bring out the most from this intense pudding.
This recipe, while from a trusted source, may not have been tested by the CHOW food
Copyright ©2012 CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved