Green Chicken Kebabs Recipe
Fragrant and bursting with flavor, these succulent chicken skewers are low in fat and make an excellent light lunch or dinner dish when served with a crisp cucumber and red onion salad.
- 1/2 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tsp finely grated fresh ginger root
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 jalapeño, finely chopped
- Large handful of freshly chopped cilantro leaves
- Small handful of chopped mint leaves
- Juice of 2 limes
- Sea salt
- 4 chicken breasts, skinned and boned
- To serve: lime halves
- Place the yogurt, garlic, ginger, cumin, coriander, jalapeño, chopped herbs, and lime juice in a blender and blend until fairly smooth. Season lightly.
- Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces and place in a large mixing bowl. Pour the spice mixture over and toss to coat evenly. Cover with plastic wrap and marinate in the refrigerator for 4-6 hours, or overnight if time permits.
- When ready to cook, preheat the grill to medium-high and thread the chicken pieces onto 8 presoaked bamboo skewers. Cook over a preheated grill for 8-10 minutes, turning frequently, until cooked through and lightly browned. Remove and serve immediately with lime halves to squeeze on top and a cucumber and red onion salad on the side.
Beverage pairing: Adelsheim Rosé, Oregon. This rosé from Oregon is made from Pinot Noir and has a gentle profile of strawberry and rhubarb, making it a great match with chicken that has been seasoned with green herbs and exotic spices. The wine is dry, but has a lovely, thirst-quenching succulence.
This recipe, while from a trusted source, may not have been tested by the CHOW food