Apricot Cocktail Recipe
Among fruit-based brandies, apricot brandy is one that happily combines with a variety of juices and spirits. Because of its subtle complexity, apricot brandy has been used as the basis for a number of Apricot Cocktails. The most popular, and most straightforward, is a simple but elegant mixture of lemon juice, orange juice, and gin, although vodka may be used.
Game plan: You will want to use an all-metal shaker for the Apricot Cocktail to get it as cold as possible. This is a drink that you may want to experiment with, since its proportion of spirits is a question of individual taste.
- 1 1/2 ounces apricot brandy
- 3/4 ounce fresh orange juice
- 3/4 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 1 ounce gin or vodka
- Maraschino cherry (optional)
- Shake the brandy, orange juice, lemon juice, and gin well with ice; then strain into cocktail glass. Garnish with a maraschino cherry, if desired.
This recipe, while from a trusted source, may not have been tested by the CHOW food team.
Copyright Quirk Books