For this cocktail from author and former Gramercy Tavern managing partner Nick Mautone, look for white crème de cacao (clear white-chocolate liqueur) in better liquor stores. DeKuyper makes a good one.
This recipe was featured in our 2006 Killer Apps menu.
- 1 1/2 ounces orange-infused vodka
- 1 1/2 ounces white crème de cacao
- Grated orange zest (optional)
- Cocoa powder (optional)
- 1Pour the vodka and white crème de cacao into a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Stir briskly until the shaker is frosted and beaded with sweat.
- 2Strain into a cocktail glass and sprinkle zest and/or cocoa powder on top.
Variation: Drop a white-chocolate kiss into the drink and sprinkle orange zest on top.
© CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved