Acadia -- who else has been?
Worst Service Experience in 20 Years of Eating in Toronto
* Had dinner for four on the patio at Acadia last night
* Ordered the five course tasting menu with wine pairing
* Sat down at 8 PM and had been served 2 courses by 10:15 PM. I am glad I didn't order the 9 course meal! We would have finished up at 5 AM. A third course was delivered at 10:20 at which point we called it quits.
* Have I mentioned the portions? Tiny. To say we left the restaurant hungry is an understatement. Should have ordered take out pizza from Cafe Diplomatico across the street and had it delivered to our table on the patio at Acadia.
* Our waiter, Charlie, was apologetic and tried to make up for the lack of food by overdosing on the wine pairing. While nice of him, we had about 10 glasses of wine sitting on the table by the end of the evening.
* Our evening was capped off by being delivered a bill where Charlie graciously took off 40% of the food bill. Unfortunately, there was no concession for the ridiculous length of time it took to be delivered our three courses.
* It was $200 dinner for my wife and I that needed to be supplemented with a bowl of cereal when we got home.
* Clearly Matt Blondin leaving Momufuku has left the kitchen in disarray.
* Charlie - thanks for the laughs. We will see you at your next restaurant.